Rock Climbing Gear List
Any safety gear such as harness and helmet needs to be in good condition and less than 10 years old.
I can provide helmet, harness, carabiners, belay device and sling at no extra charge if you require. I can arrange for rock shoe rental.
- Approach shoes - good for trails and scree
- Rock climbing shoes - for multi-pitch climbs these need to be comfortable so you can wear them all day including standing on ledges
- 2-3 locking carabiners
- Belay/rappel device
- 120 cm long sewn webbing sling
- Water bottle - at least one liter
- Lunch that you can eat "on the fly"
- Light rain jacket (waterproof)
- Light gloves
- Warm hat that fits beneath a helmet
- Climbing pants
- Long sleeve shirt
- Soft shell or fleece/windshell combo
- Depending on the forecasted temperatures you may throw in a very lightweight insulating layer like a puffball jacket
- It is best to have synthetic clothing rather than cotton